Most dogs and cats have no problem getting pregnant, but for those that do, or for breeds that require close monitoring, we can help identify the correct breeding times. The Keizer Veterinary Clinic team is very knowledgeable about breeding, but we want the breeders we work with to be committed as well! Breeding and showing pure bred dogs and cats involves dedication as well as personal and financial commitment. We provide the following services to those who share this dedication and interest:
- Ovulation timing and hormonal monitoring
- Vaginal and transcervical artificial insemination
- Fresh semen
- Chilled semen
- Frozen semen
- Surgical insemination This is a surgical procedure which ensures exact placement of frozen semen in uterus. This is usually done when only a limited amount of semen is available, for example when the donor is no longer living.
- Whelping assistance
- Surgical delivery This is offered as both emergency and elective cesarean section
- Infertility consultation
- Semen collection and shipment
- Prostatic evaluation
If you are a breeder and you would like to learn more about our reproductive services, or if you would like to schedule an appointment with a member of our team, please contact us. We look forward to working with you.